Mother's Day Gift Guide
Only 7 days left until Mother’s Day! The countdown has begun to find the perfect last minute gift for the most cherished woman in your life. Feeling the pressure? I know I am!
I’m definitely scrambling to find a gift for my mom. Anytime I ask her what she wants for Mother’s Day she says nothing. She’s super low-key and happy with a simple card in the mail and a phone call the day of. When I was younger, she was always pleased with something handmade. She has countless cards, scrapbooks, frames, all created by yours truly.
But, my Picasso days are well behind me, and I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect gift for weeks. Seeing as I still haven’t found something yet, I’ve been doing some last minute research and that inspired me to put together this gift guide to help you find something for your mom too. No matter what your mom is into, you can find some fabulous gift ideas below to make her happy on her special day.
Are you spending Mother’s Day with your mom and gearing up for a family brunch where she will be opening all her gifts at the table? If so, the pressure is on to give her the best and most thoughtful gift in the room (gotta outshine your siblings, or your dad if you’re an only child like I am).
- Does your mom fancy a nice cup of tea? Then check out Teavana’s Peach Momotaro Artisan Blooming Tea (starting at $18.98) with the Belle Amitié Glass Teapot ($32.95). Not only is it delicious, but watching the tea bloom in a clear teapot is truly mesmerizing.
- Is your mom into fitness? Then MOOV NOW ($79.95) is a great present to help advance her routine. Not only does this fitness wearable track your steps steps, but it’s equipped with a personal trainer to help with a variety of different exercises - from boxing to swimming to running. You can purchase MOOV NOW through their website or just head over to your local Target or Apple Store.
- Moms love skin products. Why? Because being a mom means you're wise beyond your years, and unfortunately that wisdom comes in the form of wrinkles! One of the best brands on the market that helps rejuvenate skin is La Mer and this Mother’s Day they’re doing a Nordstrom Exclusive on ‘The Introductory’ Collection ($145) that includes 4 different creams to help diminish fine lines, wrinkles and pores.
Gifts from Afar
If you live far away from home (like me) and aren’t able to spend the day with your mom (miss you!), you can still send her some love to show that you’re thinking of her. Thank goodness for delivery services, am I right?!
- You can never go wrong with flowers! Send your mom a beautiful fresh made bouquet delivered from Bloom That or Farmgirl Flowers (bouquets start at $30 and go up to $200).
- If your mom is anything like mine then she’s definitely a hero doing everything she can to make sure my life is easier. This year, remind your mom to take some time for herself by scheduling some much needed R&R with an at home massage from Soothe (starting at $99).
- Is your mom not a regular mom, but a cool mom? Then head over to Hintsy to search for a unique gift and get it delivered in an hour. The app provides tons of gift ideas ranging from beauty to home to music. No matter what your mom is into, you’re bound to find it here. Best part? They’ll wrap your gift so it’s ready to open!
Whether you’ll be spending some much needed quality time with your mom this coming weekend, or want to send her some love from a distance, the gifts outlined above are a nice way to show your mom how much you care, and put a smile on her face.
No matter what your price range is, always remember that it’s the thought that counts. If you want to channel your inner Van Gogh then by all means make something from scratch! If you want to buy something she will use and cherish every day then take some time and think through what she needs or likes. And if you’re on a time crunch, no worries! There’s tons of delivery companies out there to help make your life much easier.
What are you getting for your mom this Mother’s Day? Share your gift ideas in the comments below!